Monday, May 3, 2010

Hainanese Chicken Rice


It seems to me that if it's Fried Kway Teow, the word 'Penang' must go along with it to make the dish sounds more tantalizing. And since I am a Hainanese, I have more reason to call this a Hainanese Chicken Rice. It was the same Sunday that I cooked this dish while hubby handled the garoupa. I had to make a call to Sydney to my mom and asked for her recipe eventhough I last cooked it for CNY reunion dinner. Her method sounds rather far-fetched but I have complete trust in her culinary skills which she had demontrated over the years. I followed exactly what she told me to do and the chicken turned out smooth and silky ( I was told, ok). I didn't had time to make the chili but bought the Singlong chicken chili to go along with it. As for the soup, I threw in the last 3 miserable packets of fishball which I managed to buy and some fuchuk (god knows what this is called in English). Garnish it with some chinese parsley and it was ready to be served.

No comments: