Monday, November 21, 2011

Salad + tropical fruits = dinner


It's been a long while since we last ate salad. The rain has been wrecking our plans to ride (meaning no calories burn) while our bellies are growing larger with each passing day. So we made a pledge to eat solely fruits and vegetables for dinner for this entire week. The dressing used was mustard grain and I thought it tasted a bit ..... weird. It certainly didnt' taste weird when my neighbour whipped up her fantastic salad with the same dressing, plus some vinegar and crushed garlic. The papaya and rambutans compliment my salad very much by giving a sweet taste to it. Oh.. in case if you're wondering, yea...the 'white flesh' in the remekin is rambutan. I don't eat it straight from the seed but instead, slice the flesh out and eat it with a fork. I thought it's one hell of an enjoyment to eat it this way coz I avoid eating the fine skin that comes off from the seed. 




No comments: