Friday, September 17, 2010

Chilled Lemon Cheesecake

The idea to bake a lemon cheesecake came to me when I was back in Singapore in end Aug. I was then baking a very moist chocolaty cake with chocolate topping for the kids (turned out the adults were swooned as well) and a lemon cake for the adults (turned out the kids love it too). My sister in law and I were on this baking topic and we discussed on what I should bake next. I told her I've this cheesecake recipe and her face brightened up with the mentioned of 'cheese'. I promised her I'm gonna bake one for them in my next trip back and that's gonna be next weekend. I've tried my hands on this recipe countless times before but the last time I did it was about 3 years ago and that's a pretty long time if you count the number of days. So before I make a laughing stock of myself in Singapore lest the cake fail, I honed my skills on this recipe last week. It turned out yummylicious. I love the sourish taste of lemon and squeezed the entire lemon juice for 2 19" round pan. Some may complain the overpowering taste of lemon will cover the original cheese flavor but that's exactly what I was trying to achieve. Afterall, I baked it for myself, for hubby and for cousin Soo and cousin Soo has a 'thing' on lemons.

No comments: