Saturday, September 11, 2010

Juicy Roasted Chicken with Rosemary

The one thing that puts me off when it comes to roasting chicken is the oil from the chicken that will spew everywhere inside the oven and the some stains proved to be pretty stubborn to be removed. I'd like the idea of roasting a whole bird with it's leg tied up and stuff lots of fresh thyme, rosemary, garlic and of course a lemon into the cavity of the chicken. Unfortunately there are only 2 of us in the house to devour the whole bird and this feat is definitely unachievable. This is somewhat the same recipe I gotten from Jamie Oliver but I kinda like 'improvised' it here and there by adding additional spices. First, I rubbed the bird with salt, then with lots of course black pepper. Next, I rubbed a generous amount of roasted garlic powder and onion powder inside and outside of the bird. The recipe asked for rosemary but I added lots of thyme, garlic , of course rosemary and lastly stuffed in half a lemon in the cavity. I even tucked in few some rosemary and thyme under the skin of the chicken. That was all it took to roast this simple recipe. It turned out juicy and delicious but I gotta say certain part of the chicken breast was rather dry where the aroma from the fresh spices did not quite reach this. Well .. to overcome this, I just made the brown sauce to go with it. It's an instant brown sauce pack , by the way.

No comments: