Monday, April 25, 2011

Roasted Chicken with Roasted Vegetables


One of the easiest and fastest recipe I know of is roast chicken. I don't know why but I was suddenly thinking of eating either fried chicken (other than KFC) or roast chicken. When I want something, I really want it fast. So the moment the clock struck 12pm, I shot off to Giant to look for chicken for dinner tonight. I don't know what kind a Giant this is but there wasn't any whole leg chicken on the shelf. Neither could I find chicken wings or drumsticks. What was available were whole chicken, half chicken and chop chicken parts. I had to settle with a small size half chicken then. It was a good thing I have lots of spices in office because when I reached office, I cleansed the chicken and started rubbing the chicken thouroughly with salt, course black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and dried parsley. Since there was a metal meat tenderizer on hand, I used that too tenderize the meat, half hoping the marinates will seep into the meat faster. Roast the chicken at 170C for about 30 mins. I turn the chicken over after 20 mins of roasting and the last 5 mins, I turn it back for a final roasting on the other side so that I'd get a more crispy and brownish skin.

As for the vegetables, here's what I did :

  • 3 mid size potatoes
  • 1 large carrot, cut smnaller size
  • 3 mini size aubergine, cut thinner strips
  • 8 cherry round tomatoes
  • few pieces of lettuce.
  • 1 big onion, cut rings.
  • salt
  • Mc cormik garlic & pepper seasoning.
  1. Peeled potatoes, cut into smaller sizes and boil in water with pinch of salt for about 20 - 30 mins. When potatoes are slightly soft, dish it out.
  2. Heat up pan with olive oil. Toss in the potatoes and left in pan. Turn occasionally so that all sides came in contact with the pan. Add in onions and  cut carrots.
  3. Toss in the aubergine and stir till they are evenly soften. Add in pinch of salt and some Mc Cormik seasoning.
  4. Keep close watch and refrain the vege from getting burnt. Turn off fire and transfer to glass dish before popping it into the oven.
  5. Roast vege for 30 mins in 140C.
  6. Serve together with roasted chicken and garnish with fresh lettuce and cherry round tomatoes.

The seasoning I used. Sorry, picture taken with my phone.

No comments: