Thursday, April 21, 2011

Soft Cotton Japanese Cheesecake II


True to my words, I baked another Soft Cotton Japanese Cheesecake on Monday night, right immediately I reached home from office. I just couldn't bear to omit the lemon entirely so in the end, I squeezed plentiful of lemon juice in it as well. I reckon I'm smarter this time, having learnt from my previous small mistake. I took extra care to beat the egg whites to the right consistency. I was too lazy to line base my pan so I just greased it thoroughly. I have proven this could be done because the cake came out of the tin easily, thank God for that. When the baking time was over, I left the cake in the oven without opening the over door ajar. It was an hour later that I opened the door slightly ajar for about 20 min so as to let the cake gradually adapt to the temperature change. I was almost happy with the texture of the cake. It was smooth, soft and moist. It didn't collapse as much as the last time I baked but I definitely didn't achieve the kind of standard I had hope for. Nonetheless, I was happy with the cake.

Click here for the recipe. 




My cooking tips :  Because I had left the cake inside the oven for an hour, perhaps you might want to consider cutting down the baking time for 5 - 8 minutes.






No comments: