Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Steamed Ladyfingers topped with fried shallots

Here's another dish I cooked last week, the day my pot made its first 'debut'. It's steamed Lady's finger sprinkled with some fried shallots. Of course prior to steaming it, I had to deliberately cut the onions and fry it over slow fire. I reckon if I were to keep steaming vegetables for my dinner in the forthcoming days, my vege is gonna taste the same : with just soy sauce and fried shallots. Eating healthy certainly comes with a price, a price that most people are reluctant to pay at this moment, but will gladly pay when their health deteriorates. I for one, usually opt for tasty food with abundance of salt, sugar and chili. I am slowly training myself to choose healthier foodstuff over my all time favorite fried foodies. It's hard to change overnight but I'm making a change today. Hubby will just gobble anything I make for him so he didn't have much say on my healthy regime.

No comments: