Sunday, October 17, 2010

Spaghetti Aglio Olio

From the very first day I tasted Aglio Olio in New York New York restaurant, I fell in love with extra virgin olive oil, swiss brown mushroom and zucchini. Aglio Olio pasta is purely a vegetarian dish (if you consider garlic as vegan) with nothing except pasta toss in garlic and abundance of olive oil.

I prefer to have some ingredients to go along with pasta and the best option would be zucchini and swiss mushrooom. I bought 3 packets of swiss mushroom with every intention to cook another mushroom soup. Finally, I was forced to discard the idea of mushroom soup due to night classes and late nights in office. Instead, I used the mushrooms to prepare a dinner of spaghetti aglio olio. Since I have a fat little zucchini in my fridge, I thought this would be the best time to use it up.

The entire preparation and cooking process took no longer than an hour to complete. I sprinkled a packet of Domino's Pizza chili flake in it to give me a hot and spicy taste. I think hubby has begun to lift his ban on spaghetti and pizza because he ate a huge plate of the pasta.

No comments: