Saturday, February 19, 2011

Leek with Pork Belly


My mom finally came over to my place to stay for about a fortnight. Needless to say, she relieves me of many household chores but the one thing I can count on is there'll be homecooked dinner for me every night. We bought a nice looking piece of pork belly the other morning because mom already made plans to slice it thinly to cook with the china leek. I was standing behind her to see what special sauces or powder she will add into the dish and I found the answer.

Sauces :
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp chinese wine (she used Hua Tiau wine)
soy sauce
a little water

Ingredients :
chopped garlic
pinch of salt
slice ginger
leek , slice slanting and an inch thick
carrot
fried beancurd , cubed (tau kua)
thinly sliced pork belly

Method :
Heat up oil and fry the garlic and ginger for a while before adding in the sliced pork.

Add in the sauces except water and saute for while. Next add in the beancurd.

After a minute or 2, add in the carrot and leek to saute. Add in a little water to simmer a while before dishing it up. It's done.

My cooking tips: Mom and I prefer the leek to be a little crunchy than soft. Hence, don't saute and add too much water to simmer.

No comments: