Monday, February 7, 2011

Stir Fry Leek with Roasted Pork

This used to be a dish we get to savor on every chinese new year eve (as far as I can remember). However in those days, my mom never fry it with roasted pork. Little did I know how awesome it will taste if you just stir fry it with several slices of roasted pork with lots of garlic. Since this dish will not take much of my time to prepare and cook, I decided to cook it as dish for the reunion dinner on new year eve. Just a day prior to eve day, we scrambled to the morning market to get our hands on the best part of the roasted pork. They didn't come cheap if you buy it especially close to new year eve. The main taste for this dish comes from the roasted pork itself, I must say. As such, I spent quite a hefty sum on the pork alone. Well, as long as everyone is happy eating it, it doesn't matter how much it cost. It's not often I cook this dish anyway.

No comments: