Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fried Eggs with Shredded big onions & Spring Onions

For the past few days, we've been busy with spring cleaning of the house in anticipation of chinese new year. It seems like only several months ago that we scrambled to do exactly the same thing while at the same time I was also rushing and filling every spare time I have to bake the cookies for sale. It also just occured to me that our blog is already 1 year old. With so many things on hand and so much on my mind,  I told hubby apart from the fruits,  I'm just gonna fry a simple egg to go with our creamy shrimp tom yum instant noodles. He looked at my blankly and I told him okaaay... this egg will be loaded with strips of big onions, spring onions , some cut chilli and this is something my mom used to make as one of the dish in Batu Pahat. Hubby mumbled an 'ok' but I think he knows deep down that whether it is ok or not, I will still go ahead and fry it.

The eggs were whisked with soy sauce, pinch of pepper, dash of salt, some chilli flakes and little mushroom powder. When the olive oil was hot, I threw in the big onions and sauteed for a while before pouring the whisked egg. Just before the egg was cooked, I took a handful of chopped spring onions and sprinkled them on top of the egg. When the bottom of the egg was done, I flipped to the other side and cooked it till done. All in all, it took less than 5 minutes and our frugal simple dinner was done.

No comments: