Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Steamed Sourish Slice Garoupa

I love this picture as much as I love eating this dish. It was the last miserable piece of garoupa in my freezer and I wanted to steam it with sour plum. I looked through every nook and corner of my fridge but just couldn't find the bottle of plum which I thought I saw it somewhere before. Anyway, I found a 2nd best substitute for the plum ; yes it's tomatoes. I only have this cherry round tomatoes bought mainly for my salad but then as it turned out, it kinda look great here in the pix with the added bright color. When you steam fish, you will not fall short of ginger and parsley for garnishing. But for this dish here, the sourish taste oozing out from the tomato makes it slightly different from other fish that I've steamed previously. This dish was just lovely for the 2 of us.

No comments: