Tuesday, December 28, 2010

3 Cups Chicken


 
Recently I came across 2 very interesting blog and one of them had this recipe called 3 Cups Chicken. That was the 1st time I've heard of this recipe but apparently it's a very well known recipe and has been around for quite sometime. The recipe requires a handful of basil and I simply love the taste of basil. From the recipe, I deduce that the preparation should not be taking too much of my time and this is the kind of recipe that I desperately need. Nonetheless, I cooked it for dinner on my off day last week and it was fantastic. It was just me and hubby having it for dinner and I cooked 2 whole chicken leg. I meant to cook more so that I could bring it to office the next day as my lunch. As it turned out, the chicken was so delicous we both ate everything up in the claypot and not a drop of gravy was left in it.

Ingredients:
2 whole leg chicken
5 cloves of garlic - chopped
5 slices of ginger
4 small red chilli
1 small bunch Thai basil leaves
1 cup Chinese cooking wine
¾ cup soy sauce
4 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 thumb size rock sugar or 1 tbsp sugar


Method:
1. Marinate chicken with soy sauce, 2 tbsp sesame oil, cooking wine and dark soy sauce for at least 4 hours.


2. Heat up the remaining 2 tbsp sesame oil in a wok or claypot until sizzling hot. Add in the garlic, ginger and dry chili. Stir fry until fragrant. Add in the chicken pieces and continue to stir until chicken changes color.

3. Add in the rest of the marinade liquid and sugar. Bring it up to boil, cover and cook and turn down the heat and let it simmer slowly.

4. Cook until all the liquid almost disappear and chicken is done. Check seasonings Add in the basil stir and dish out or serve it in the claypot.








No comments: